•   >  
  • 시와 그림.음악.서예.풍경
김경주의 시적 충동

Kim Kyung Ju(김경주(金經株))

페이지 정보

작성자 관리자 작성일17-12-10 23:21 조회2,490회

본문

Kim Kyung Ju

As the most popular and highly decorated poet of his generation, Kim’s work is emblematic of the “future movement”, a style of poetics that shifted the way poetry was written in Korea in the early 00’s. Exploring the grotesque, shame, and alienation, Kim’s often anti-lyrical poetry has been called “both a blessing and a curse to Korean literature.” Often borrowing the voices of several nomadic speakers, his poems speak to a transcendental homelessness where “the living are born in the dead people’s world, and the dead are born in the living”, where existence is heightened by the apocalyptic narrative of an impending extinction. Although the future of the contemporary world appears bleak, Kim, like the philosophers he pays homage to in the book, celebrates the often banal, quasi-messianic interruptions that can be found within the disjunctive logic of everyday life. As Kim writes, “While I masturbate, I age thousands of years. / While I masturbate, I am a sad civilization called myself.” The title of his book, I Am a Season that Does Not Exist in the World perfectly captures the emotional sensibility of a generation who was said to have no emotional sensibility. While this paradox perfectly captures post-millennium Korean counter-culture, it is not a psychological condition limited to just the Korean peninsula. In an era of unprecedented contingency, increased precarity and mass ecological extinction, the anxiety of contemporary life is palpable no matter where you lay your head. While the seasons of the world become more unpredictable to the extent that the only predictable thing is their increasing unpredictability, a season that doesn’t exist in the world might be another way to say utopia. It might be another way to say there is still hope.

김경주(金經株)

서강대 철학과를 졸업했고 한국예술종합학교 음악극창작과 대학원과정<대본 및 작사전공>을 공부했다. 서울신문 신춘문예에 시가 동아일보 신춘문예에 희곡이 당선되었다. 등단 후 몇 년 간 고스트라이터로서 활동하며 야설작가와 카피라이터, 독립영화사 등의 직업을 거치며 여러 장르의 글쓰기를 해왔다. 한국 시단에서 가장 주목받는 젊은 시인 중 한 명이며, ‘현대시를 이끌어 갈 젊은 시인’, ‘가장 주목해야 할 젊은 시인으로 선정되기도 했다.

2006년 첫 시집나는 이 세상에 없는 계절이다를 펴낸 후 순수문학에서는 발간 2년만에 30쇄를 찍으며 대중과 문학계에 신선한 충격을 주었다. 이 시집으로 한국문학의 축복이자 저주이다’, ‘한국어로 쓰인 가장 중요한 시집이라는 평단의 평과 함께 미래파라는 새로운 문학운동을 이끌며 주목을 받았다. 그는 시 뿐만 아니라 연극실험실 혜화동1번지에 작품늑대는 눈알부터 자란다를 올리면서 극작가로도 활동하기 시작했으며 현재 자신의 스튜디오 ‘flying airport’에서 연극, 음악, 영화, 미술 등의 입체적인 방식을 도입해 시극실험운동을 해오고 있다.

‘2009. 세계 문화올림픽 델픽대회국가대표로 선정되어 언어예술부문 경연대회 시극 부문 최종본심에 진출했고, 2012년 미국 보스턴리뷰 top op poem 20에 선정되어 미국에서 첫 시집을 출간하고 미서부를 버스킹 낭독으로 순회공연했다. 현재 미국, 프랑스, 스웨덴, 멕시코 등에서 꾸준히 작품이 번역되고 있다.

그 외의 시집으로기담,시차의 눈을 달랜다,고래와 수증기등이 있고, 산문집PASSPORT,밀어, 펄프팩션자고 있어, 곁이니까와 희곡집 <늑대는 눈알부터 자란다> <내가 가장 아르다울 때 내곁엔 사랑하는 이가 없었다> <블랙박스>등 다수가 있다.

대산창작기금, 시작문학상, 오늘의 젊은 예술가상, 김수영문학상 등을 수상했다

출생 1976, 광주광역시

소속 펭귄라임클럽

학력: 한국예술종합학교

대학원: 음악극창작 협동과정

석사 대본및 작사

전공데뷔: 2003년 대한매일 신춘문예 '꽃 피는 공중전화' 등단

수상: 2016년 동아일보 신춘문예

희곡부문관련정보: 무릎의 문양

브라우저 최상단으로 이동합니다 브라우저 최하단으로 이동합니다